Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Sore Muscles

I started a Yoga/Spin class this morning.  It was very good but I am a wee bit sore.  Probably not as sore if it was just a spin class.  I believe the yoga stretching afterwards really helped.  So tonight I am going to work on my friend's shower book and will hopefully have something to post.  So for now here is a recipe.  Maybe I should rename this blog to "the girl who hardly has time to scrap".  I guess that wouldn't be accurate.  I could scrap a lot more but then I would be neglecting my chores and my family. 

{CHICKEN, BLACK BEAN AND CORN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE}
1 2 /3 oz Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce Mix or equivalent product (1.62 oz package)
6 oz canned tomato paste
8 cups water, divided
2 tbsp canola oil
1 cup onions, chopped
½ cup green peppers, chopped
1 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ cup uncooked yellow cornmeal
1 spray cooking spray
15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
15 oz canned yellow corn, drained and rinsed
2 cups cooked chicken breast, skinless, diced
1 ½ cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare enchilada sauce according to package directions using tomato paste and 3 cups of water. (You will end up with 3 cups of sauce total.)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove 1 cup of onion mixture and place in a large mixing bowl; set aside. Stir 3 cups of water into remaining onion mixture and bring to a boil.
Meanwhile, add cornmeal to remaining 2 cups of water in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Gradually add cornmeal mixture to boiling water-onion mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cornmeal is thickened, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Coat a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread cornmeal mixture evenly over bottom of dish.
Spoon beans, corn and chicken into reserved onion mixture; combine thoroughly.
Spread half of enchilada sauce over cornmeal layer. Top with all of bean mixture and then remaining enchilada sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, about 45 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve. (Note: This recipe is a bit saucy. For a firmer consistency, reduce the amount of enchilada sauce by ½ to 1/3.)
From: Weight Watchers

My husband actually made this dish and it was very good.  Of course.  Why would I post it if it wasn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment