Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Project Life-Project Super Easy

These are the the pages I have done so far for my Project Life. I am now working on pictures for the month of April. So all my pictures up to April are scrapbooked. Can you imagine that? Does it blow your mind? It is amazing me. I am loving it so much. The wonderful joy of this whole thing is I am still able to do my traditional scrapbooking. I set aside some pictures I had taken of Abi on Easter to do a separate page. Plus I just have my little box of supplies and I am good to go.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

So much fun

My assignment for Paper Pals. They are all My Mind's Eye product. Of course I had fun working on them. Scrapping is really just so much fun.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Project Life and other projects

I found the before picture. My husband had placed it in another file. So the rest of the story is below.
I got my Project Life last week in the mail. I was so excited. I really thought a long time about getting this. I researched prices. It really is a good deal. There are a ton of journal cards that come in these little boxes. I cut up the boxes to use also because they were just too cute. I will post some pictures of what I have done with my Project Life kit. I got this tray from a yard sale for $0.50. I had taken a before picture but now I can't find it. Anyway. I spray painted it yellow and put all my Project Life goodies in it. Do you know about Project Life? I got it off Amazon and it is from Becky Higgins. I believe it was designed as a project were you take a picture a day of your life and then scrapbook them. I am using it in a different way. It comes with a 12x12 binder and a ton of photo sleeves. Enough photo sleeves to hold 365 photos I guess. I haven't counted. They are divided photo sleeves that hold 4 horizontal 4x6's and in the middle of the page there are 4 pockets for 3x4 journal card or decorative cards. On some of my pages I have cut photos down to that size and slipped them in there. I don't know if I am describing it well enough and I should put my pictures up. I had photos printed off only up till March but I caught up from Jan to March in two nights. All my photos from Jan to March. There were a few from that period that I had made scrapbook pages for already. This product is so versatile. You can use it however you like. Check it out. If there is anyone in the Pullman area that would like to get together and do our Project Life together please let me know? If you are so behind in scrapping and never think you will catch up but don't want to give up then you really need to give this a try. You can still do traditional scrapping. That is my plan. Where is the before picture? Of course I didn't take one. So now you will never know how hard I worked on this dresser. We got it at Palouse Treasures for $40. I sanded it and covered it in 4 coats of paint. I spray painted the knobs with silver spray paint. I would have liked to get new knobs but that really adds up fast. I like the way it turned out. I also painted our head and foot board. Now I am waiting to find some matching nightstands. Until I do our bedroom is not done.

projects projects projects

The cream part is the old curtain. They were tab curtains. I removed the tab and used some of those curtain clips (love those) to attach them to the rod. Then I bought some fabric and just sewed a rectangle for each side and slid those right into the clips along with the curtains. So very easy and I like the way it turned out. I had to do something different for our other two windows because the closet gets in the way of a curtain rod.
So this is an after picture. Sorry. One of these days I will get this uploading thing figured out. I didn't like the way the top panel looked so I put three pleats in them and sewed them onto the roman blind. We started painting our bedroom way back in June. Of course I didn't take a before picture of the bedroom. These are the curtains that I made. I just used some old curtain panels I had and made them into roman blinds. Then I made a little valance. I was not crazy about the valance part so I fixed it. As seen in the photo before this one. The after shot again. I got these two lamps from Palouse Treasures. I spray painted the bases with a brushed nickel and covered the lamp shades with some sale fabric I found at Joanne. The only thing I am not happy about is when the light is on you can she how the edge of the shade is darker were I folded the fabric over.The lamp base before. The shade before. I just pulled off the ruffled fabric and put some spray adhesive on the lamp shade and rolled the fabric on. I had made a pattern of the shade by rolling the shade on some paper with a pen held close to each edge.