Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Muscles still sore

Today was my second spin class.  My legs were sore from Monday's class.  I really like it.  I sweat like nobodies business.  I just wish my bottom wasn't so sore.  Anyway.  I forgot to post yesterday so I will add 2 recipes today.  I did work on my friend's book the other night but I still don't have it complete so I will work on it again tonight.

{CHIPOTLE BEAN NACHOS}
1 spray cooking spray
1 tsp canola oil
1 medium shallot, or 1 small onion, finely chopped
1 medium garlic clove, minced
15 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1/8 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp chili powder, chipotle variety, or more to taste
20 items baked low-fat tortilla chips
7 tbsp low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, sharp variety
1/3 cup salsa
3 tbsp cilantro, fresh, minced, plus extra leaves for garnish


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat oil over medium heat; then add shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Add beans, salt and chili powder; mash with back of spoon or potato masher to make a pulpy mixture. Remove from heat; set aside. Place tortilla chips on rimmed baking sheet. Spoon bean mixture over top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon salsa over top; immediately sprinkle with cilantro. Yields five topped chips per serving.
From: Weight Watchers

When I made these I used those scoop chips.  It worked well that way.  They were very good for a healthy option for nachos.

{THAI NOODLES}
1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated angel hair pasta
¼ cup peanut sauce
½ cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
½ cup chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
½ cup preshredded carrot
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted (optional)

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well; return to pan. Add peanut sauce and next 4 ingredients. Divide pasta into 6 equal servings. Top each serving with toasted sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
Per serving: CAL 229; FAT 9.1g; PRO 8.6g; CARB 29.1g; FIB 2.3g; CHOL 24 mg; IRON 1.3mg; SOD 225mg; CALC 21mg
From: Weight Watchers

My step-son likes this one.  The stuff for this salad (cilantro, carrots, peanuts) tend to settle to the bottom of the bowl so really scrap it up from the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment