Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lots & Lots of Recipes

I typed out a bunch of recipes this weekend so I will have a bunch of recipes to post this week.  I am currently working on a scrapbook for my friend's baby shower so I am hoping to have something to show you soon.  For now here is the recipe of the day:

{PUMPKIN-CARROT CAKE}
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 large egg white
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon grated orange rind
¾ cup raisins
½ cup grated carrots
1/3 cup dried cranberries
Cooking spray
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and next 4 ingredients (flours through salt). Place egg and egg white in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, pumpkin, oil, butter, and orange rind; beat until well blended. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in raisins, carrot, and cranberries. Spoon batter into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Yield: 9 servings (serving size: 1 square)
Calories: 219; Fat: 6.4g; Fiber: 2.9g

From: Cooking Light Magazine

All the recipes that I post on here are recipes that I have tried and liked.  I made this one for a baby shower and it turned out well.  I think it would be great with a cream cheese frosting.  Oh that sounds so good.  I started Weight Watchers today so I am going through withdrawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment