Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Recipe Time

I have been doing a lot of blog surfing lately.  AKA procrastinating doing other things that need to be done.  I love it when blogs are updated daily.  Like Ali's blog.  The majority of the time she has daily updates on both projects and her life.  So I thought I would try that for a while and see what happens.  I have been working on my Project Life but I don't have anything done enough to take a picture of.  I am trying to make it simpler this year.  So as a post for today I am putting up a recipe.  That is going to be my last resort for getting something on here daily.  Let's see how long I can keep this up.

{SPICY PINEAPPLE CHICKEN}

*Saute 5 to 7 minutes in a large frying pan:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red bell pepper, cut in strips,
1 green bell pepper, cut in strips,
*Add:
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) pineapple chunks with juice
1 cup salsa
2 tbsp cilantro or parsley, chopped
2 tsp grated fresh ginger or ¾ tsp ground ginger
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed

Continue to cook stirring frequently, until chicken is heated through. For a thicker sauce, mix 1 tbsp cornstarch with 3 tbsp water and add to pan. Heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Makes 4 servings
From: Low-Glycemic Meals in Minutes

This one is super easy and fast.  I think it is because you use salsa.  I always use cilantro when I make it because I love love love cilantro.  Cilantro is high on the list as a healing herb.  Sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment