Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Oh let's just do a recipe!

I have had a busy day of organizing and getting stuff ready for a yard sale my friend is having.  I love getting rid of stuff.  So tonight I made this super fast chili.  I have more than one chili recipe but this one is fast and good.  Enjoy.

{QUICK CHILI}

Sauté in a stock pot:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
Add:
2 cups ground beef or chicken, cooked
1 can (19 oz/540ml) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (19 oz/540 ml) Romano beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (28 oz/796 ml) diced tomatoes with juice
1 can (5 ½ oz/156 ml) tomato paste
2 cups water
1 can (10 oz/284 ml) sliced mushrooms, drained
1 to 2 tbsp chili powder (as desired)
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp salt

Bring to boil, then simmer 20 minutes uncovered, stirring often.

From: Low-Glycemic Meals in Minutes by Laura Kalina and Cheryl Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment