Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I have already failed!

My goal of daily post has failed.  I guess I can just say that I took the weekend off.  I took on the project of painting my daughter's closet this weekend.  We live in a house that was built in 1938.  I love our house.  While cleaning up and taking apart some shelves that someone had made in the upper portion of her closet I found tiny bits of newspaper.  I couldn't find the date on any of them but one of the headlines had Stalin in the title.  Old stuff.  I am almost done with the project but I need some help from the husband.  This project has been on my to do list for a long time.  When I painted her room after we moved in it took me a weekend and I had her sleeping in our room.  I didn't have enough time to do the inside of her closet so I just did the outside and called it good.  Since my husband was away this weekend I had her sleep with me so she didn't have to breath those paint fumes.  Now on to the next project...
 I don't know what kind of paint that pink paint was but it took 4 coats to cover up.
The before pictures.  The 2 boards were shelves in the upper portion of the closet.  I also painted inside the lower part but I didn't take a before picture.  Oops.
Almost done.  I just need to put the doors back on and get my husband to help me with the shelves in the upper portion of the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment