Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I DID NOT SCRAP LIFT THESE

Yes, you heard correctly.  The girl that likes to scraplift did not scraplift these ones.  I looked through my magazines for inspiration and got some ideas.  This one started with the idea of an Advent calendar or Ali's December Daily.  I sewed a grid on the page and then filled them up with journalling.  The journalling was from 2007 so I didn't keep up on it as well as I do these day.  There are some missing spots.  The paper is from We R Memory Makers-MERRY January.  The colors are so perfect together.  Greys, blue, tan, mustard...  I had a happy accident with my snowflakes.  I punched them out then sprayed them with some silver mist then dusted some clear embossing powder on them.  While heat gunning them they started to get darker on the edges.  I really like the way they look.  Kind of like dirty snowflakes. 

One craft I could get into in quilting.  I refuse to get into another craft.  I can't afford it and I don't have the time.  So here is a good option.  I just quilted on my page.  I just cut down the pictures and then pieced it all together.  I frayed the edges of my paper then sewed each piece down.  I also sanded the edges of my photos.  I used glossy accents on some of the words and picket fence on the others. 


I actually had fun with the cards.  They were easy to do with the big chipboard words.  I love that snowman.  The "Thanks" card is another chance for me to quilt.  I want to do this again.  I love the way it looks.  The "Unique" card is a bit of a late night I don't know what to do card.  I don't know if telling someone they are "unique" is an insult or not. 

I wrote my journalling in pencil then wrote over in pen.  Can you tell the difference between the writing at the top and the writing on the bottom?  I always have the overwhelming urge to put little lines on my letters.  I think it looks better.  What do you think?  I guess it doesn't matter because the journalling on top looks better to me.  It is a bit of work especially when I have this much journaling

A close up of the quilted page.  I attach the paper to the cardstock with just a tiny bit of glue in the center so I don't sew over the glue.  That will gum up your needle. 
Thanks for dropping in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment