Tuesday, August 10, 2010

projects projects projects

The cream part is the old curtain. They were tab curtains. I removed the tab and used some of those curtain clips (love those) to attach them to the rod. Then I bought some fabric and just sewed a rectangle for each side and slid those right into the clips along with the curtains. So very easy and I like the way it turned out. I had to do something different for our other two windows because the closet gets in the way of a curtain rod.
So this is an after picture. Sorry. One of these days I will get this uploading thing figured out. I didn't like the way the top panel looked so I put three pleats in them and sewed them onto the roman blind. We started painting our bedroom way back in June. Of course I didn't take a before picture of the bedroom. These are the curtains that I made. I just used some old curtain panels I had and made them into roman blinds. Then I made a little valance. I was not crazy about the valance part so I fixed it. As seen in the photo before this one. The after shot again. I got these two lamps from Palouse Treasures. I spray painted the bases with a brushed nickel and covered the lamp shades with some sale fabric I found at Joanne. The only thing I am not happy about is when the light is on you can she how the edge of the shade is darker were I folded the fabric over.The lamp base before. The shade before. I just pulled off the ruffled fabric and put some spray adhesive on the lamp shade and rolled the fabric on. I had made a pattern of the shade by rolling the shade on some paper with a pen held close to each edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment