Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Project Life and other projects

I found the before picture. My husband had placed it in another file. So the rest of the story is below.
I got my Project Life last week in the mail. I was so excited. I really thought a long time about getting this. I researched prices. It really is a good deal. There are a ton of journal cards that come in these little boxes. I cut up the boxes to use also because they were just too cute. I will post some pictures of what I have done with my Project Life kit. I got this tray from a yard sale for $0.50. I had taken a before picture but now I can't find it. Anyway. I spray painted it yellow and put all my Project Life goodies in it. Do you know about Project Life? I got it off Amazon and it is from Becky Higgins. I believe it was designed as a project were you take a picture a day of your life and then scrapbook them. I am using it in a different way. It comes with a 12x12 binder and a ton of photo sleeves. Enough photo sleeves to hold 365 photos I guess. I haven't counted. They are divided photo sleeves that hold 4 horizontal 4x6's and in the middle of the page there are 4 pockets for 3x4 journal card or decorative cards. On some of my pages I have cut photos down to that size and slipped them in there. I don't know if I am describing it well enough and I should put my pictures up. I had photos printed off only up till March but I caught up from Jan to March in two nights. All my photos from Jan to March. There were a few from that period that I had made scrapbook pages for already. This product is so versatile. You can use it however you like. Check it out. If there is anyone in the Pullman area that would like to get together and do our Project Life together please let me know? If you are so behind in scrapping and never think you will catch up but don't want to give up then you really need to give this a try. You can still do traditional scrapping. That is my plan. Where is the before picture? Of course I didn't take one. So now you will never know how hard I worked on this dresser. We got it at Palouse Treasures for $40. I sanded it and covered it in 4 coats of paint. I spray painted the knobs with silver spray paint. I would have liked to get new knobs but that really adds up fast. I like the way it turned out. I also painted our head and foot board. Now I am waiting to find some matching nightstands. Until I do our bedroom is not done.

No comments:

Post a Comment